6. Church of Ireland Parish House
Erected c.I735 by Francis Hutchinson, it became the parish church proper in 1840. Plain of appearance, the church is constructed of fieldstones. A tablet is erected inside the church to the memory of Dr Hutchinson, who is buried in a vault underneath the Sanctuary. Some of the old Communion service ware and a copper collection plate held by the church were gifts from St John O’Neill, who lived briefly in Portglenone Castle. He was an uncle
of Lord O’Neill of Shane’s Castle.